Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Oh, that's amusing. du Toit noticed my intemperate rant. I'm a "Democrat toad". (Hey, du Toit - "Democratic toad" scans better.)

He mis-quotes me: I didn't call him a "sockpuppet of the Founding Fathers", I accused him of using the Founding Fathers as one might a sockpuppet - namely, by thrusting one's fist up its firmament, and playing ventriloquist in a particularly unimpressive and disrespectful fashion.

His non sequitor quotes of Samuel Adams (psst - Samuel Adams wasn't a "founding father"; He was vehemently opposed to the ratification of the Constitution; he was a rabble-rousing revolutionary who failed to make the transition to post-Revolutionary politics) suggests that he somehow believes me to be an anti-war Democrat.

As far as I can tell, I only support one of the policies he's yelling about in that follow-up post. But hey, he really hates Democrats. That's why conservative Democrats should listen to that old-time religion: because if you don't, Kim's gonna giggle to himself as he pictures your scorched bodies hung from streetlamps.

Folks, this is why I'm an ex-Republican. Because du Toit and people who think *like* du Toit are walking refutations of Jane's Law. It doesn't matter who's in the White House - these guys are always wishing their enemies - all their enemies, regardless of the facts or reason or sense of proportion - horribly mutilated or murdered.

Ah, well, I suppose I'm taking it out on du Toit's devoted faithful, who are currently making up the bulk of my referral logs. Most of you are, I assume, decent and law-abidin' folk. As for Streetlamp Appeals such as du Toit's, I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken.

No comments: