Monday, September 29, 2003

"Are we to believe that the decades-long neoconservative campaign against Communism and anti-Americanism was a fantastically farsighted Rube Goldberg machine programmed to produce some benefit for Israel somewhere down the line? " An Opinion Journal piece on the vying theories of the anti-neocon crowd. He labels Churchill as a neocon predecessor (I think this is classic American mis-understanding based on the differing meanings of the "Liberal" label on the two sides of the Atlantic, myself). He also claims Charles Krauthammer as a neoconservative, where I've always placed Krauthammer on the reasonable end of the paleocon spectrum. But that might be my mis-understanding of some social or institutional association of Krauthammer's that I am missing.

Via Porphyrogenitus.

No comments: