Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Fuck Edwards

I supported Edwards in the past because I liked his take on domestic issues, he was pro-war, and he wasn't burdened with Lieberman's distasteful social conservativism.

He is voting against the $87 billion reconstruction bill. He voted in favor of the UN authorization back in the day. He's willing to play the hawk when it's safe to do so, but is too much of a coward to pay the cost when it's required. This decision convinces me that he has no backbone, and that I can't trust him to do the right thing for the right reasons. It's an abominable act, and it convinces me that the man is unworthy of the White House.

Gephardt, on the other hand, has his heart in the right place. He's done his share of rhetorical tacking on the war, but when it comes to a head, he's a standup guy. Such a shame that Gephardt's an economic disaster. I guess I'm stuck with Lieberman.

Via the TNR Primary

No comments: