Wednesday, February 08, 2006
I thought the change in smoke from yellow-brown to dark grey was a good sign, but Jay just came in from driving through town to work & said that the Bush House was gouting sparks & flame high enough to be seen from Rt. 550 on the other end of town. That's not good - my apartment is uphill & upwind from the fire. On the other side of a church and a funeral home, admittedly, so I don't think there's much of a chance, but you never do like to hear the words "sparks" and "upwind" associated with your domicile.