Monday, September 05, 2005

I haven't been buying much anime recently. At least partially this is because I've come to the rueful conclusion that I've been a sucker for buying the early releases - as they come out, DVD by DVD. After the fourth or fifth series got released as a cheapass "brick" compilation at a third of the price I paid for the initial individual DVDs, I sort of gave up. Yeah, I'm a slow learner - so what?

But bargain-sales are just as good or better than waiting for the brick, and it's even better when the bricks themselves has been remaindered. I'm not the biggest fan of Nadia, but at $30 for the whole series in two sets plus CD soundtracks, why the hell not? [Seems as if everybody else kind of agrees - looks like the first set is sold out already.]

Now if I could just figure out if the half-wits at ADV actually placed my order, or if their online ordering system ate it with some fava beans and a nice chianti...

No comments: