Monday, June 26, 2006

I lost power on Saturday morning. As I was getting out of the shower, I heard this loud detonation and all the lights went out except for the emergency pack left over from when my apartment was a doctor's office. I went out looking for the exploded transformer, but none were obviously out. The whole block lost its cable, but only a few buildings around me actually lost power. When the cable guys came, they immediately spotted the problem - a big ceramic breaker hanging from the transformer behind the crematorium, and a very fried, very dead squirrel lying on the other side of the brick wall behind the library on the other side of the alley. Suicide squirrel. The one guy said they do this occasionally, "but usually only once". I said I hoped so, and pictured electrified, zombie squirrels vengefully waging war on humanity via the electrical grid, one little squirrelly shahid at a time.

No comments: