Friday, March 24, 2006

We went down to the Bellefonte Wok for lunch, which is something I used to do all the time, back before I became a diet nazi. Turns out my office-mate went to high school with Andy, the owner of the Wok, which makes Andy a lot younger than he looks. Andy wanted to know where I had gotten to, because I used to be a semi-daily regular. Well, he was half-joking, because it was physically obvious where I had gotten to, given the missing 90 lbs & the loose-fitting clothes and all.

I explained that part of losing the weight was *not* eating every other meal at the local all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet, no matter how delicious the chicken-and-broccoli & chicken teriyaki skewers might be. Andy nodded wisely & said that it was all a matter of watching your portions, which is just what everybody says, but really, being told to watch my portions by the proprietor of an all-you-can-eat buffet is a bit of something, isn't it? Like being catechized by Moloch.

No comments: