Thursday, July 08, 2004

Between family stuff, a pile of new DVDs and manga, and a new soul-sucking obsession called "Advance Wars 2", I have not exactly been my usual, terse self. In fact, as you might have noticed, I've been positively Coolidge recently. I can't say I'm sorry, but I regret the lack of entertainment value.

Pittsburgh is still Pittsburgh, Bellefonte is still Bellefonte, and they tell me that the Arts Fest is on in that blot on the landscape known as State College. I suppose I ought to mosey on over and look at all the yuppies pawing through the ceramic cows and seascapes. It's a tradition, of sorts.

Maybe I'll catch the traditional Saturday riot. Or at least, amuse myself by hunting down the jackbooted riot police that have been stationed in expectation of said riots every year since the initial rash of violence. One year, they had horses. Very Napoleonic man-on-a-horse authoritarian. I was impressed.

No comments: