Tuesday, November 06, 2012

I woke to a dream of my whole neighborhood lined up outside the precinct, waiting for the doors to open.  They turned and asked me "where have you been?"

In this freakish, horribly nostalgic season of old miseries and old terrors, there are sad truths, and then there are persistent hopes.

In the pre-morning darkness, I believe in my neighbors. I believe that we haven't yet gone into that greater darkness which is behind the darkness.

I believe I see, in my mind's eye, that colored scrap of cloth above the scorched battlements, beginning to lift on the first faint breath of a predawn breeze.

Get out and vote.  Every damn last one of you all.

2 comments:

Marilyn Hagmaier said...

We are so proud of your efforts in 2012. Go Romney!

which_chick said...

I voted. Go me! (I have very little faith in our political system, but I do turn out to vote, fall elections and spring primaries.)