Monday, February 02, 2004

So Does This Mean Six More Months of John Kerry?

Fred Ramsey of Webster Books invited me over to his place for the Super Bowl, along with the Morrow clan, and a bunch of Fred's friends, some of whom I knew, and others, not so much. As usual with Fred occasions, I was the most conservative person in the bunch; this time I noticed that I was the only adult without glasses, as well. We got into a discussion of what selects for weak eyesight among book people; some held for an association of intelligence genes with nearsightedness genes. I, as the only representative of unassisted sight in the bunch, had to defend the tribe. I argued that it was due to the more-educated classes' willingness to use baby formula, which is missing a number of trace hormones necessary for the proper development of good eyesight.

No comments: